Reasons why you should get over your break-up…
So, you just had your heart broken and the last thing you want to do is face the world again. I get it.
The problem is the longer you spend locked up inside, the harder it will be to get back out there and move on. Recently I met with my doctor who is close in age to me and went through a bad break-up. She had been dating this guy for just over 2 years and although the relationship was long distance she was pretty sure he was the one.
So, of course she felt totally devastated when he called her to tell her he could no longer be with her. What I can tell you about my doctor is that she is very brave and got up the next day, went to work and forced herself to not think about it. She was doing great!
For many of us this isn’t so easy and we just can’t quite face it. Thus, I have created a list of reasons why you should get over you break-up and try and get out of bed (If not for health reasons alone…everybody needs to take a shower 😉
- If it’s meant to be, this guy will come back…there is no point on dwelling on it
- If you were having fights or disagreements often then he probably wasn’t on the same page as you
- There is probably someone better suited for you
- You can now do everything you wanted to do, take that trip, go skydiving, get a new job, whatever your heart desires!
- Everything happens for a reason, maybe you both need some space and time to reflect
- You may be happier alone for a while. Being single isn’t bad!
- If he wasn’t treating you the way you deserve, he doesn’t deserve for you to feel bad. Move on
- Tomorrow is a new day, you never know what’s going to happen..
- You can watch your tv shoes, eat whatever you want and just be you (how great is that J )
- Your friends and family will still love you and guess what they’re not going anywhere
If a break-up has you down, just try and focus on the positive aspects. It won’t be easy but in the long-run you will be glad you did. Think of this as a growing experience and a time of self-reflection. You can get through this and you will come out better for it.
Until next time,
Miss Behaving xox
Don’t settle because you’re lonely…
How many friends do you have that put up with mediocre relationships because they don’t want to be alone? We can all think of them, right? We may never tell our friends this but we know that deep down they are settling for someone when they deserve someone much better.
Having someone in our lives that will spend time with us, call us and love us is a great thing and it’s something to be cherished but when we are unhappy with the relationship why stick around? I understand that many women feel the added pressure to get married, settle down and have kids. We all want that but if we have it with the wrong person will it really be as great as we pictured? Probably not.
Breakup’s hurt, they make you feel lonely and miserable all at the same time but what they don’t do is break-you entirely. You can survive a break-up, what you can’t survive is a failed marriage (at least you shouldn’t have to). You deserve to be with someone who you can’t live without and I don’t mean because you would be lonely without them. So, maybe this time you have to be the one to pull the plug and move on because deep down you know this relationship isn’t working. Don’t be the girl that settles for a mediocre relationship, be the girl that has a relationship that you know you can’t do without.
Be strong, Ladies. No one said it was easy but it may be worth it in the long run.
Until next time
Miss Behaving xox
When do you pull the plug? (I’m not talking about the plug for the toaster here)…
Many women fear the end of a relationship (myself included); we see all the red flags and even try to convince ourselves that this person will change. However, no matter what are friends tell us or what we do to try and “fix” this individual; we have come to the conclusion that something isn’t right here.
Below are a few signs that he may not be the one and it may be time to head to splitsville:
1. He no longer values you (you are no longer #1 on his priority list)
2. He says things that put you down (hey, that sweater wouldn’t look good on anyone!)
3. He doesn’t want to spend time with you (a video game has more appeal)
4. He wants to “see other people,” while continuing to date you (when he has time)
5. He doesn’t call, text, fb message unless he needs something
6. His friends don’t acknowledge you as his better half (or they don’t even know you exist)
7. He always has an excuse…
8. He has lied, cheated or both (enough said.)
9. He is never available and when he is, he has better things to do…(what a jerk)
10. He doesn’t care to hear about your life but wants to complain about all of his problems
These are just a few of the signs that you could be heading down the wrong path. I know every situation is different but if you have that nagging women’s intuition that something isn’t right, then you are probably correct. Maybe it’s time to take a step back and re-analyze the situation, is this guy into you or does he seem uninterested? Only you can answer that.
Hey, no one ever said a relationship was easy but it shouldn’t have to be that hard. Give yourself a little time to think about what YOU want from this person and if he’s not willing to give you what you need, it may be time to hit the road.
Remember, you are loveable.
Until next time xox
He loves you, he loves you not…but why waste your time on someone who isn’t sure how they feel about you?
This is a dilemma many women face. We receive mix signals from the guy we like and although we may not have even dated the guy he still has the ability to break our heart. It’s true.
So, what do you do when you have already fallen for this guy only to be left totally confused? You want to believe he likes you, after all those text messages or Facebook messages he sends makes you believe he is making an effort. The problem is, if a guy is into us he won’t need to wait two weeks to respond to our messages and as much as we can convince ourselves that he is “busy.” like he said he is, the hard truth is he probably isn’t the one for you.
Let me put it this way, if you want the happy ever after it won’t be with the guy who couldn’t care less if he doesn’t see or hear from you for weeks on end. It will be with a guy who can’t wait to talk to you and doesn’t want to skip one (yes, ONE) single day without talking,texting or Facebook messaging you!
Do you get it, Ladies?
Sometimes a break-up doesn’t need to be with the person you’re actually dating but rather the person you are so longing to date. You need to break-up with him (mentally), please don’t send him any sort of communication to indicate this solution, he will in fact think you’re insane. Which on a plus side would make this easier –just kidding!
Look, if your heart is hurting because this guy is sending you mixed signals then why put yourself through the pain? You don’t need to. Take a step back, look at it realistically and decide whether or not you can put up with this, if not, it’s time to move on. No one wants to be in a relationship with someone who doesn’t really want to be there. It will only make the heartbreak that much worse in the end.
I’ve played the waiting game and it’s never worked out in my favor. This one’s up to you, ladies, but if I were you, I would kick this one to the curb and wait for the one that really wants to be with you.
Until next time,
Miss Behaving xox