Tag Archives: love
Reasons why you should get over your break-up…
So, you just had your heart broken and the last thing you want to do is face the world again. I get it.
The problem is the longer you spend locked up inside, the harder it will be to get back out there and move on. Recently I met with my doctor who is close in age to me and went through a bad break-up. She had been dating this guy for just over 2 years and although the relationship was long distance she was pretty sure he was the one.
So, of course she felt totally devastated when he called her to tell her he could no longer be with her. What I can tell you about my doctor is that she is very brave and got up the next day, went to work and forced herself to not think about it. She was doing great!
For many of us this isn’t so easy and we just can’t quite face it. Thus, I have created a list of reasons why you should get over you break-up and try and get out of bed (If not for health reasons alone…everybody needs to take a shower 😉
- If it’s meant to be, this guy will come back…there is no point on dwelling on it
- If you were having fights or disagreements often then he probably wasn’t on the same page as you
- There is probably someone better suited for you
- You can now do everything you wanted to do, take that trip, go skydiving, get a new job, whatever your heart desires!
- Everything happens for a reason, maybe you both need some space and time to reflect
- You may be happier alone for a while. Being single isn’t bad!
- If he wasn’t treating you the way you deserve, he doesn’t deserve for you to feel bad. Move on
- Tomorrow is a new day, you never know what’s going to happen..
- You can watch your tv shoes, eat whatever you want and just be you (how great is that J )
- Your friends and family will still love you and guess what they’re not going anywhere
If a break-up has you down, just try and focus on the positive aspects. It won’t be easy but in the long-run you will be glad you did. Think of this as a growing experience and a time of self-reflection. You can get through this and you will come out better for it.
Until next time,
Miss Behaving xox
The letdown, we’ve all had them, right?
Relationships aren’t easy; you hear it over and over again. You will have your ups and your downs but you need to stick through it. Unfortunately, there will come a time when your significant other will let you down (or vice versa). This won’t be something you plan on but let’s face it we’re all human…
Now, I’m not telling you to let this guy go because he didn’t do something he said he was going to do or he was supposed to pick up your mother from the airport but he totally forget. These things are forgivable but when a guy lets you down time after time, should you stay with him or not?
For most women we are more prone to letting things go, we say our peace and get over it. However, when a guy does something to diminish your trust time after time, it may be time to ask why are we sticking around? In particular, if a guy you are dating doesn’t seem to care anymore or he is just too lazy to do something, shouldn’t that be a huge flashing warning sign that he isn’t the
I would think so.
Love is blinding, it’s true! We can make up a million excuses for a guy we are madly in love with. What I’m trying to tell you is, if a guy is consistently letting you down, not giving you the time of day or just couldn’t care less if he sees you or not, he is probably not going to get any better.
Cut the ties and let him loose, you deserve to be treated with the same respect you give him. Admittedly, guys and girls will let each other down, we all make mistakes but when a guy doesn’t care enough about a girl it will be clear in his actions. So, keep this in mind, don’t get walked over, be strong and be brave, if he isn’t the one it’s better to know now than later.
Until next time,
Miss Behaving xox