How to know when it’s time to move on…
So, you’ve wiped the cobwebs off your bed and have braved the world, good for you!
As the weeks progress you realize that you could be ready to date again but before you take that giant leap of faith that this guy WON’T break your heart, you take a moment to contemplate this idea. After being asked out by a cute guy at your local hangout, you realize you may not be as ready as you thought you were.
Here is the dilemma, when do you know that you are really over your ex and are ready to move on?
The answer, you don’t…well not completely. I think there are several signs to knowing you are over your ex and ready for date night.
Ten Clues You are Over Your Ex:
- You no longer obsess/think about your ex every 5-10 minutes
- You have stopped Facebook stalking him or her
- You no longer feel the need to call your ex at ridiculous times of the day/morning because for some reason you no longer need to hear their voice
- You are now obsessing over a new guy/girl you just met
- You don’t care who they date as long as it’s not you
- You are convinced that if you see them again, you may want to physically hurt them (PLEASE AVOID this at all costs)
- If you never saw them again, it wouldn’t be the end of the world
- They have a new girlfriend and yet you don’t care
- They have tried calling/texting you and you don’t want to answer
- You no longer want to spend the rest of your life with them (enough said)
There you have it, a few sure fire ways to know you are ready for the next leap of faith. Just know that if you go on a date with someone when you’re not ready you may end up hurting that person and yourself because you can’t get over your ex. My advice? Wait until you’re ready and then who knows, maybe you’ll have met Mr. Right!
Miss Behaving xox